Practical Endorsement (AQA*)
Campbell Harris can offer practical endorsement for the new specification Biology, Chemistry and Physics A level qualifications. Practical endorsements for new specification Science A-level qualifications are optional and are ‘Pass/Fail’ rather than graded – however, it is worth noting that many universities will not accept students without endorsements onto science-based courses.
During the course, candidates will complete the 12 practical tasks set by AQA* under the supervision of a tutor. Candidates are expected to have covered all course material according to the specifications released by the board, and candidates are advised to study the Practical Handbook available on the AQA website.
We have courses at various times, and over different time frames. Current options are:
- One week course during Easter (5 days)
- Join evening A-Level course for the endorsement part. during Spring term (2 hrs, 2 evenings per week) BIO and CHEM only
- Daytime course during Spring/Summer BIO & CHEM only
- Evening course during Spring term (10 weekly evening sessions of 4 hours) PHYS Only
* Candidates sitting with Edexcel, OCR or WJEC will be able to enrol on the Campbell Harris Practical Endorsement course as the endorsements can be transferred between boards. Candidates are advised to study the relevant exam board’s Practical Handbook in addition to completing the course, as while the techniques tested are the same, the specific tasks vary between boards. Students sitting multiple Science A-levels are strongly advised to choose the same examining board for all Science qualifications.